Thursday, May 29, 2008

A New Home for Glitter Goods

I just wanted to let all of my faithful blogger friends (three of you?) know that Glitter Goods will now be an offspring of my new site, Birds and Branches.  I hadn't blogged in months, I had nothing glittery to say.  Glitter Goods was born during the holiday season when I was making vintage inspired Christmas ornaments.  Needless to say my crafty endeavors have lead me down several different paths and (gasp) I hadn't used glitter in any of them.

What is Birds and Branches?  I don't really know.  I am totally enamored with anything bird and anything vintage, as always.  I think it started when I fell in love with some Amy Butler fabric that I found at Crafty Planet.  Just about the time that I started incorporating feathers, nests and eggs into my artwork, a new little tweeter came to make his home in the lilac bushes just along our driveway.  His song was like nothing I had ever heard before - a mixture of notes, highs and lows, sometimes piercing, sometimes quite irritating.  After some research, we found out that it was a cat bird.  A cat bird mimics the sound of other birds.  The other day I heard him copying the sound of our squeaky garage door.

So, my conclusion is...Birds and Branches was meant to be.

I will most likely leave Glitter Goods up for a while.  I can't bring myself to delete it entirely.  And what about those yummy recipes that I never wrote down.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new look. Did you do all the illustration?
I'm sure the bird theme will take flight!

Unknown said...

Each new piece of your artwork is thoughtful and pretty - the mink is amazing. Most of all your detail to beauty is just flawless.

Love your artwork! Love you